Interview von ShowbizandStyle Inquirer, 27.3.2008
Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4  Weiter

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    www.keanu-reeves.ch Foren-Übersicht » News und Artikel über Keanu Reeves!
Autor Nachricht
schnurrli
keanu-junkie

Beitrag Verfasst am: 27.03.2008, 19:25    Titel: Interview von ShowbizandStyle Inquirer, 27.3.2008 Benutzer-Profile anzeigen 

By Ruben V. Nepales

LOS ANGELES, California—“I’d like to do some singing and dancing.”

Keanu Reeves surprised reporters with this answer during a recent press con when a journalist asked if there was any role he would like to try for the first time. The actor, who remains painfully shy and private, appeared to have given some thought to singing and dancing in a movie.

When the pleasantly surprised journalist asked if Keanu was serious, he smiled and said, “Yeah, but no one’s … [offering]. I may have to write the movie myself. That would be a gas.”

Asked if he had a good voice and if he could sing, the “Matrix” and “Speed” actor replied, “I might have to find my voice.” Perhaps he could star in a movie musical? “I don’t know.”

No politics

He thought Johnny Depp, who sang onscreen for the first time in “Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street,” was “fantastic.” Come to think of it, Keanu’s screen musical aspiration is not so far-fetched. Like Johnny, he played with his band, Dogstar, as bassist; and he occasionally sang.

The bashful actor, who is promoting his new movie, the cop drama “Street Kings,” made a valiant effort to go through this interview, as he had done in the past. He tried his best to answer all but the political questions.

“This morning, I’m not going to offer a political point of view,” he said when asked which US presidential contender he was backing. He politely declined to answer another political question by saying, “I’d love to answer but, to me, this is not the place.”

He tended to cast his eyes down while tackling some queries. He smoothed the table cloth several times with sweeping movements of his palms, or he rapped the table with his fingers. When questions surprised him because they were too direct or too prying, he just widened his eyes and broke into a laugh.

In “Street Kings,” the 43-year-old Keanu, who said he wanted to show “more mature relationships and feelings” in his movies, plays Tom Ludlow, an LA cop struggling to cope with his wife’s death. Implicated in the killing of a fellow officer, Tom begins to question the cop culture. James Ellroy, master of LA crime novels (“LA Confidential”), co-wrote the screenplay; David Ayer (“Training Day”) directs Keanu and cast-mates Forest Whitaker, Chris Evans, Hugh Laurie, Naomie Harris and John Corbett.

A reporter complimented Keanu on his maturing looks onscreen and in person, saying, “Finally, Keanu has become a man.” The actor replied, “He looks older.”

But Keanu insisted that he still loved acting. “I feel very fortunate to get to do what I love. I love the chance to perform and the experiences that I’ve had with the artists I’ve worked with.”

Reflecting on the career that he has nurtured, from heartthrob status to big star with a string of hits to his name, Keanu said, “Luckily, I have been working and I’ve had the chance to work in some good films.”

He volunteered, with a grin, “If you notice, in ‘Speed,’ I was running around a lot. In ‘Street Kings,’ I let the kid (Chris Evans) run. I drove around in the car—so I’m a little older and wiser. Now, I’m like Patrick Swayze looking at the kid, me, in ‘Point Break.’ I certainly felt the older guy/younger guy thing in that scene with the kid.”

Harrowing stories

Still smiling, he continued, “I run less,” he said, still smiling. “Instead of running around, maybe I’m doing a different kind of running. Tom Ludlow was an opportunity to explore more mature relationships and feelings.” The film’s technical advisors, some of whom used to be cops, physically trained Keanu and shared their combat stories with him and his co-stars.

“There were lots of harrowing stories from those cops—crazy stuff that happened to them,” Keanu shared. “I tried to internalize how they felt [going through] the tensions and responsibilities of work, then coming home and trying to have a normal life.”

Then, suddenly: “It was the first time I’ve been punched in the face by my director but I was like, ‘Oh, okay. We’re going to do that.’” There was a fight between Keanu and David? He explained, “The director introduced me to this guy he trains with. The guy was like, ‘Let’s go to David’s house on Wednesday and fight each other.’ ” That was when David, during a fight practice, dared to land a punch on Keanu’s face, which is admired by many female fans. The actor’s mixed heritage—a Hawaiian-Chinese father and an English mother— contributed to his good looks.

High expectations

Asked about his expectations for a loving relationship at this stage in his life, he managed to say, after a stumped pause, “High.” That was saidwith a glint in the eye, of course.

Aside from hoping to land a singing-dancing role, Keanu is excited about filming “The Private Lives of Pippa Lee,” to be directed by Rebecca Miller, actress-wife of recent Oscar and Golden Globe Best Actor winner Daniel Day-Lewis. Rebecca also wrote the screen adaptation of her novel. Keanu joins a dream cast: Robin Wright, Winona Ryder, Monica Bellucci, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Julianne Moore and Alan Arkin. It’s one of the best cast listings we’ve seen in years.

“Rebecca does really rich, internal stories, Keanu said. “The character I play is an example of that. Robin Wright plays a woman in her 50s who has a midlife crisis and I’m part of that.”

“What else?” he asked aloud. “A little romantic comedy wouldn’t be so bad right now. I’m talking to (director) Roger Mitchell about a project that could be exciting.” Due for release late this year is “The Day the Earth Stood Still,” a remake of the 1950s classic sci-fi film. Keanu plays an alien.

Inevitably, “Matrix” was brought up—what did those landmark films mean to him professionally and personally? “They will probably end up being some of the better highlights of my life,” he answered. “Making the first and second ... it was probably the hardest that I ever worked. And it was probably some of the best work I ever did
Antworten mit Zitat 
   Private Nachricht senden            
schnurrli
keanu-junkie

Beitrag Verfasst am: 27.03.2008, 19:29    Titel:  Benutzer-Profile anzeigen 

Uebersetzung folgt noch - weiss aber noch nicht, wann ich dazu komme.

Hier ein kleiner, interessanter Teil, vorab übersetzt:

Zitat:
Asked about his expectations for a loving relationship at this stage in his life, he managed to say, after a stumped pause, “High.” That was saidwith a glint in the eye, of course.

Als er über seine Erwartungen für eine Liebesbeziehung in dieser Lebenphase gefragt wurde, schaffte er es nach einer verblüfften Pause, zu sagen: "Hoch". Dies natürlich mit einem Glitzern im Auge.

Ob da was im Busch ist? verliebt
Antworten mit Zitat 
   Private Nachricht senden            
chnuesi
Gast

Beitrag Verfasst am: 27.03.2008, 20:06    Titel:   

Danke Schnurrli, und em ich würd es ihm so von Herzen gönnen! Ehrlich, wer hätte es von den Promis denn mehr verdient!
Antworten mit Zitat 

schnurrli
keanu-junkie

Beitrag Verfasst am: 27.03.2008, 20:08    Titel:  Benutzer-Profile anzeigen 

chnuesi hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Danke Schnurrli, und em ich würd es ihm so von Herzen gönnen! Ehrlich, wer hätte es von den Promis denn mehr verdient!

Seh ich genauso!!!
Antworten mit Zitat 
   Private Nachricht senden            
chnuesi
Gast

Beitrag Verfasst am: 27.03.2008, 20:14    Titel:   

Und in dem Zusammenhang scheint sein "Babytalk" in einem anderen Licht. Wenn er nun doch einfach nur auf "Puplicmeaning" (Meinung der Öffentlichkeit) macht und das nur sagen würde, weil es gewünschtist, wie das in anderen Foren auch schon gesagt wurde, dann frage ich mich doch, warum tut er das immer wieder seit den Interviews rund um The Lake House? .... Lässt hoffen, dass er tatsächlich sein Glück in greifbarer Nähe hat!
Antworten mit Zitat 

schnurrli
keanu-junkie

Beitrag Verfasst am: 27.03.2008, 20:18    Titel:  Benutzer-Profile anzeigen 

Vielleicht kam ja mit dem Wunsch nach der Richtigen die Veränderung von innen, welche die Ausstrahlung veränderte, welche dann die Richtige anzog ... ?

(Hoffnungsvolle Schnurrli-Psychologie)
Antworten mit Zitat 
   Private Nachricht senden            
chnuesi
Gast

Beitrag Verfasst am: 27.03.2008, 20:20    Titel:   

schnurrli hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Vielleicht kam ja mit dem Wunsch nach der Richtigen die Veränderung von innen, welche die Ausstrahlung veränderte, welche dann die Richtige anzog ... ?

Interessante Theorie, könnte ich gut in einer FF verarbeiten!
Antworten mit Zitat 

schnurrli
keanu-junkie

Beitrag Verfasst am: 27.03.2008, 20:22    Titel:  Benutzer-Profile anzeigen 

chnuesi hat Folgendes geschrieben:
schnurrli hat Folgendes geschrieben:

Interessante Theorie, könnte ich gut in einer FF verarbeiten!

Ja, gute Idee!

Ich probier diese Theorie momentan im wahren Leben aus ... will nach vielen Falschen und jahrelanger "Toter Hose" auch mal den Richtigen. Wenn ich von der Theorie ausgehe, dass man mit der "richtigen" (sowohl authentischen als auch zufriedenen ) Ausstrahlung auch den "Richtigen" bzw die "Richtige" anzieht, müsste es, wenn man mit sich selbst im Reinen ist und sich so gibt, wie man ist, doch am Besten klappen!
Antworten mit Zitat 
   Private Nachricht senden            
chnuesi
Gast

Beitrag Verfasst am: 27.03.2008, 20:26    Titel:   

Schnurrli, das hat ganz bestimmt was. Denn, wenn ich nun an meine Familie und an meine besten Freunde denke.... Die hatten alle ihren Lebenspartner gefunden, als sie eigentlich nicht damit gerechnet oder gar gesucht hatten, sondern mit sich selber zufrieden waren. Da muss also was dran sein! Und btw. bei mir selber war das auch so!
Antworten mit Zitat 

Andie
keanu-junkie

Beitrag Verfasst am: 27.03.2008, 20:35    Titel:  Benutzer-Profile anzeigen 

Ich Wünsche das Keanu auch so sehr, das er Glücklich wird! Very Happy
Und mir gibt das auch zu Denken!
Erst Redet er über Babys und dann das mit einer Liebesbeziehung!
Würde alles Perfekt zusammen passen und auch erklären warum er
in letzter Zeit so Glücklich und vor allem entspannt und viel
ausgeglichener Wirkt! Denn das war ja nicht immer so und
fällt einem sofort auf! Very Happy

Die Kunst ist, einmal mehr aufzustehen, als man umgeworfen wird
Antworten mit Zitat 
   Private Nachricht senden    Website dieses Benutzers besuchen        
chnuesi
Gast

Beitrag Verfasst am: 27.03.2008, 20:39    Titel:   

Ich sag nur, genau so empfinde ich das auch Andie! (Aber das wissen wir ja schon lange, dass wir wie Zwillinge denken gell!)
Antworten mit Zitat 

Andie
keanu-junkie

Beitrag Verfasst am: 27.03.2008, 23:13    Titel:  Benutzer-Profile anzeigen 

Chnuesi......

Die Kunst ist, einmal mehr aufzustehen, als man umgeworfen wird
Antworten mit Zitat 
   Private Nachricht senden    Website dieses Benutzers besuchen        
heny
Gast

Beitrag Verfasst am: 28.03.2008, 08:24    Titel:   

Mädels ich werd jetzt langsam neugirig wer es woll sein kann an seiner Seite. Vielleicht doch Parker?
Antworten mit Zitat 

Agnes
Gast

Beitrag Verfasst am: 28.03.2008, 11:26    Titel:   

Für mich klingt das so, als hätte er schon jemand in petto. Huh, ich muß sagen, einserseits würd ich mich ja für ihn freuen, dass er glücklich ist, aber andererseits kommt bei mir grad die Eifersucht durch, ich mag ihn auch nicht teilen. Kompliziert was?
Antworten mit Zitat 

Teddybär
keanu-holic

Beitrag Verfasst am: 28.03.2008, 16:00    Titel:  Benutzer-Profile anzeigen 

Also da hab ich gar kein Problem, er gehört ja nicht uns und Hauptsache, er ist gliücklich mit einer lieben Frau an seiner Seite. Schwärmen genügt mir und das kann ich auch gut, wenn er eine Frau hat.
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    www.keanu-reeves.ch Foren-Übersicht » News und Artikel über Keanu Reeves! Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4  Weiter
Seite 1 von 4

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.